Monday 16 September 2024

The Universe Strikes Back

I said I wasn't gong to purchase another ball winder but Amazon had some for twenty bucks and it was hard to resist.  So I gave in and ordered.

It came just when I needed to wind the first of the new colour of CWM Mulespinner yarn and I was off to the races.

Or not.


This is an occasional ball winder issue and the great google does help you sort out how to fix it. The gears are not meshing properly inside.

So I asked Keith to check and in this case, the gears could not mesh.  The teeth of the gears did not match.  So back it goes to the source.

I guess I will stick with my first instinct and wind by hand. 


The only real problem with winding by hand is that the balls like to roll away and my yarn bowl broke a few months ago.

At least I have knitting to console me.


No comments: