Tuesday 17 September 2024

The new yarn is being knit.


It is, as I suspected, quite different than the fist skeins of grey, but so it goes.  I always knew it was chancy. I have reserved the rest of the old grey to do the upper arms so that at least there is some balance to the colour change.

Happily, I will be splitting the hem n about an inch and a half.  I was debating about it but struggled to decide.  I picked out a split hem vest I made a few years ago to wear yesterday and that made up my mind.  I will make the back hem about two inches longer than the front, the better to keep out the lower back chill  often feel on windy winter days and the front will be a nice tunic length.  

I have also been thinking about the Silver Thaw Noro that will be left over.  I had three skeins and they go a long way.  I only started using the second ball two rows from the end of the last set of Silver Thaw rows. I thought about making a turtleneck collar but I think I will make a cowl instead, to wear with this sweater.  It is a lovely soft yarn with good amounts of Angora in it, perfect for a cowl. That way, when our winter world is not blustery, I can take it off.  You cannot do that with a turtleneck.

I am looking forward to wearing this sweater, hoping it turns out as good as it is inside my head.    

No comments: