Friday 13 September 2024

A Sockish Sort of Day

I looked at Linger yesterday but it didn't feel right.  I picked up the other bag that doesn't fit in the WIPs bin.  



I did a couple rows and have really enjoyed it.  I am slowly becoming used to holding the yarns in the same hand.  I tried just going with my fingers but ended up going back to using this.


I found it much easier to control my yarn tension though it is just a bit fussy setting things down and picking it up.  So easy to twist.  But it made the knitting quicker and very natural feeling.

I only had so much brain capacity so though I did work on it, it wasn't for long.  I ended up working on socks.

Cold weather has come.  Fall cold, not winter cold but it is enough that I am looking for warmth. This  morning it is drizzly with a bit of wind and it is only 10 C.  The warm sweaters are out. 

I started the day yesterday thinking about socks because my feet were cold.  I decided a while ago that I need more heavy socks. I am absolutely in love with the work sock pair I made earlier this year out of doubled Kroy, and I have been wearing my Big Fabel worsted weight pair regularly.  

I had another pair of Big Fabel socks on the go but I needed to restart them.  I don't know what I did on the toe but it felt uncomfortable when I tried them on and they were also too big!  The last was a surprise. Too many stitches.  I knew that I had decreased once already, but I was sure I was where I needed to be. The change in my foot size strikes again.  Honestly, it's like having new feet.

I restarted.


I am pretty happy with it and it is a nice tidy 40 stitches on 3.25 mm needles.

I started thinking about other socks in the WIPs bin while I was knitting.  Why am I not knitting socks?  I use them every day.  They are almost revered in my wardrobe.  I didn't find any answers yet, but I did figure this out.

I don't  like what is happening here.



I picked the multi colour yarn because I thought it would give me pretty little socks on the big sock.  I don't  like these.  I love the bottoms but not the little socks on the top of the foot.  I think I am going to restart this pair too.  I love the pattern ( Operation Sock Drawer by the Knitmore Girls, the A Drawer Full  pattern) but I think I am going to use some solid colours and change for each row of socks.   

Anyway, that is enough for today.  I could talk about each pair I have on the go.  I could talk forever about socks and sock yarns but it is time to be knitting.  We shall see what my hands get up to today.  


No comments: