Wednesday 18 September 2024

One Step Closer

Split!


I reached the point where it was time to split front and back.  

I based the split point on some of my previous sweaters and on the a shirt I sewed.  The shirt hem split is too high and it feels like it is ripped up the whole side each time I move.  I measured the seam so that would not happen on this sweater.  I measured the side of my purple vest and a green tunic I knit a few years ago and settled on a length that was going to work.  

And away I went.  

Of course that means that I will be knitting flat for the rest of the body, not always the fastest thing, but it does mean I can knit my normal style.  And that means that it will go fast.  It will also feel fast because only half the stitches are being knit.  I might be able to get two stripes done in a day.  That may be a bridge too far, but one and a half stripes should be quite reachable.   

No comments: