Thursday 19 September 2024

Everytime

Working continues on my sweater.  


I have at least six more inches to go and my debate now (there is always a debate)  is more stripes or do I just do the grey from here on?  

I want a fairly generous ribbed hem, three inches and possibly four, in the grey, so that is a good bit of the knitting I need to do.  Each stripe is about two inches wide so if I do a grey stripe and another Noro stripe, the balance feels like it will be off.  It wouldn't match the top.


Keeping up the stripe sequence through this bottom part, would feel unbalanced to me.  That kind of balance and my personal need for it is one of the things that make or break a sweater for me.  Even if it was a great fitting sweater and even though it might look lovely, if it doesn't match my inner sense of balance and proportion, it is not going to be worn.  
 
What I want now, what I always want is a thing, that when I wear it, I look at it and say, "I like this, I appreciate this"  .  Fulfilling me every time I put it on. That's what I want.

No comments: