Thursday 12 September 2024

A Different Grey as Expected.

It arrived.  My extra yarn for my sweater.  I was glad to have it but now I have to decide what to do.  


The new yarn is lighter than the old.  I expected that.  I have one skein of the old and three new.  I have to decide how to work them in.  Do I worry about it at all?  Do I keep the rest of the older, darker yarn to work the upper part of the arms so the grey switches out at the same place as on the body?  I don't know.

There are two rows left to go in the section of grey I am working on and I am debating ripping back and reknitting this part with the new grey.  It may be a good idea if I try to make the grey change at a particular stripe row on sleeves and body.  

Maybe I am too lazy to do this.  I would lose a whole day.  That means more time till I get a new sweater.  Decisions, decisions.  That will be my day.  Till then I will knit on my Linger.  That sleeve is getting longer slowly.



No comments: