Tuesday 27 August 2024

A Quick Dive

I did a quick stash dive yesterday.  I was thinking about it for a few days.  The nights are cooler and some days, particularly the mornings are cool.  My head has been deep into thoughts of warm sweaters and what I really could use for fall and winter.  My work day sweaters are getting very worn and  am getting tired of them.  I wear the Christmas tree sweater at least twice a week in winter.


It has been such a good sturdy sweater but  am so very tired of it.  I made it in 2020 and it is time for it to go to the less worn pile.

I pulled yarn for a few things that I really want to knit.



This is the yarn I want to use for a Bountiful Bohus.  I have wanted to make this sweater for a very long time and it looks like this year it is going to happen.

Then I pulled out my Hacho stash.  


I love these colours. The rich pops of brilliance make me happy.  For a long time I was concerned that it would be difficult to get it looking good, without weird pooling but I no longer care.  I just want to wear weird colourful things.   Whatever I knit, it will be a simple garment.  Possibly another Granito or another Tolsta Tee but with long sleeves this time. 

I pulled out the big bag of sock yarns to work on heavy plain socks.  


I wear the two pairs of thick socks I knit earlier this year all the time, and I know that I will want even more this winter.  I know that the Big Fabel yarn isn't around anymore but socks with 2 strands of Kroy is downright magical. Kroy doubled is amazing.

I also pulled out these.  



This is Rowan 4 ply, a yarn yarn developed for colourwork.  It is deep stash and isn't available anymore so it is much treasured.  There are some designs that are right for just two colours like the Secret Garden Sweater , Amidala or Obsidian, the last of which isn't even released yet.  

I pulled out the leftovers from my first Undercurrent.  


There isn't quite enough for a full sweater and the debate right now is do I order another one or two skeins of the grey from Custom Woolen Mills or do I double up the cone of singles I have?  I only know these two yarns are a great combination and there will be a sweater from them.  Soon.  I hope.

I also pulled out some of my vast Briggs and Little stash. Regal in three colours. 


I don't know what they will be, but I need good sturdy hardwearing sweaters and Briggs and Little is certainly that.

For now though, back to knitting on WIPs.  I need sweaters and the WIPs bin if full of good things that will be garments before I get to get down to cold weather wear.

No comments: