Monday 26 August 2024

A Good Sweater

 I could think about why it took almost a whole week to sot out my funk, but that really doesn't matter. It will happen again. I know it will clear itself up in a few days, much like the ever changing weather. I choose not to worry.

 The whole weekend was spent working on the Anyday Sweatshirt.  I love the way the yarn looks and how it feels.  However, now you get a real sense as what it will be. I had some concerns.  


The pattern shows a close fitting neckline as a sweatshirt would have. My version doesn't seem to. It looks rather wide to me. It is also very wide at the shoulders.  This is what it should be though I have to say, if I was restarting I would pick a smaller size.   

I had been debating about ripping back and restarting but when I tried it on again this morning, it fits well enough or will when the sleeves are on to properly shape the whole.  Beyond the too wide neck, I like it.  

I feel it may be an issue with upsizing the pattern though it is very possible that it is my knitting.  Meanwhile, I am just going to keep on knitting because one way or another it is going to be a good sweater. 

No comments: