Tuesday 23 July 2024

That Cherry Tree

Yesterday was laundry day so not a lot of time for knitting.  The heat also sapped any energy I had and I took a nap in the afternoon cutting out a lot of knitting time.  Still, I did make some headway.



It is looking much more top like.  I did a try on and I am very happy with the fit.  I was a bit worried that  I had made the armhole too deep but it will be just right.  I was hoping for a looser fit and I was trying to allow for shrinkage the first time I wash it.  I have that, but enough to keep to looser fit I am hoping for.  

My gauge is large for what is about a DK weight yarn (yarn held doubled), about 4 stitches per inch.  It will keep the drape of the fabric nice and flowing. I am really looking forward to wearing this.  

In other news, I have spoken of the cherry tree this year several times.  I can finally show you why.   


Forgive the quality of the photo.  It is very smoky today.  

There are so many cherries on the tree that in a smaller photo, it looks yellow and sickly.  It is just the extreme load of cherries.  Keith is not a big fan of cherries, though I think he is nuts.  I love them.  They make wonderful jam, and as pie or in a berry crumble, delicious.  These are the smaller Evans cherry so they lean a bit tart, but there is nothing like sour cherry pie.  

I can't bake them this year and keeping any is going to be hard.  We are having the flooring replaced and a bit of other work done in the kitchen.  It is scheduled for starting next week and will take about a week to ten days.  So if anybody wants cherries...

No comments: