Monday 22 July 2024

A Great Vacation

There were kids here right till Friday evening and my goodness, do I miss their giggles and their joy in doing silly stuff.  Suddenly, appearing out of nowhere was the idea of paper airplanes. Both boys had flown them, but never made them on their own.  We found a website with good directions and away we went.  For three days panes were flying intermittently through the day and a good amount of paper was sacrificed to the cause.   There was colouring and decoration of planes, and indeed, dragons drawn as pilots. It was wonderful.  

And then there was magnets.  




Need I say more. Ok I will.




And games with Carter.  We had rousing funny games of cards and snakes and ladders and Sleeping Queens. He is teaching me chess and he is a very good teacher. Grandma isn't such a good learner.  I am to study the notes I took.  

All these wonderful kids fill my heart with joy. I am such a lucky person.

There was knitting.  A fair bit actually.  

I am inspired by Creabea's Rebeca Clow's Leith Cardigan and the colour blocked stripes and am turning the cotton I was working on into a simple stockinette striped T.


When You don't know what to do, stripe it. As ever, stripes are fun to knit and I am really happy how fast this is working up. And it keeps my grandpa's blanket in mind without having the weighty look of the lace pattern.

I did give my hands a rest yesterday, not from need but just for a change of pace.  


More squares for my scrap square blanket.  I am working here with the last of the Opal Monet sock yarn.  It is making the prettiest squares. 

I am off and running for the day.  There is much to do, but that is for another day.  Coffee beckons.

No comments: