Wednesday 24 July 2024

Success and a Redo

I am not much of a goal setter.  Setting big goals always feels defeatist to me because I set unreasonable goals and then feel like a failure.  If  do set goals, it is something immediate, a sort of goal setting on the fly.  

That is what I did yesterday.  I was looking forward to seeing the third and last colour block of stripes that it became an unconscious goal. I only realized how much of a goal it had become when I reached and felt like  I could finally set down my needles. 


I went to bed feeling really content. I really like it.

And this morning, finally it was cool enough to wear my second Tolsta Tee again but there is a problem.  The first fits so right that I didn't question anything on the second.  It fits great, but the neckline s too wide for comfort.  


I need to take off the ribbing and redo it a bit longer and with fewer stitches so that it pulls in just the tiniest bit.  I may have been counting on the shrinkage after the washer and dryer to make it fit perfectly but no such shrinkage happened. It did a little but after wearing it a bit this morning, it is more 'relaxed' than I prefer it to be.  Next Tolsta will start with fewer neck stitches if it s a cotton tee.

So my days work is laid out and my second cup of coffee awaits. Success and a redo.  That is my world today.

No comments: