Thursday 25 July 2024

Forward

The redo is finished and has been worn.  I decreased the cast on stitches by ten stitches and that worked much better.  I also knit several rows longer and it fits just right.  

I didn't knit anything else yesterday.  No reason, it just wasn't what I felt like doing.  I was preparing to move a bunch of things to my room so that the living room can become the kitchen et al for a bit.  We are redoing the floor in the kitchen and moving the island to be a regular cabinet.  We both hate this particular island.  It is not electrified and is a standard height.  It is just a thing in the middle of the room that makes the dining area small and weird.  The biggest reason we are doing this is that the flooring has utterly failed.  It started in front of the sink, with the backing of the flooring separating from the top layers.  The top layers stretched and it became a beast we could not stop. By the time we are done, it is going to be a fresh big room that we will be happy to work in and eat in.

This morning I am back to knitting.     


The rust stripes are a lot of fun.  

I am debating about sleeves at the moment.  When I started, I was thinking of having a sort of tab sleeve, very short and not closely fitted.  I think that is what I am going to do, but we shall see once the body is done.  It could also look really good with a fitted sleeve.  I wont really know till I actually start.  

No comments: