Friday 12 July 2024

Knitting Dreams

I did some knitting on the Anyday Sweatshirt over the last few days.  I love how it is going.  I will make my usual adjustments for fit, but it has otherwise passed to the lovely stage of comfortable knitting, that not quite mindless place I love. 

At the same time, I was feeling the urge for something more.  So I started another project, one that is very different than the Anyday Sweatshirt, but just as comfortable and enjoyable.  And fun.

                                         

I have been dreaming of this project eve since I retuned from my Epic Adventure across Canada a few years ago and realized that I bought the coloured cones of for sale cotton yarn because they reminded me of a blanket I had made for my grandfather many, many years ago. 


Originally I bought them thinking what a lovely vintage look wrap they would make.  When I got home and saw that they were kin to my blanket full of so many memories of those I loved, I felt it should be something more.

Once the idea of more was in my head, I knew it had to be made with the feather and fan pattern and so it has sat, lingering ever on the edge of my knitting plans ever since. About a year ago, I decided a top would be something I would use and because of the gentle kahki green of the colours, it would be a great addition to my wardrobe.  

This knitting dream begins now with fond thoughts of my grandmothers and grandfathers and favourite aunts and uncles and cousins and so much fun.  

No comments: