Wednesday 10 July 2024

Naps and Monkeys

Still almost too hot to knit.  Almost.  I did work on the Monkey socks.




Not a lot, I know. 

I am sure I did something yesterday but I cannot remember what it was.  It was too hot to store the day into memory. I know I had a nap, but I did not intend to.  I just needed to get my feet up for a bit so I lay down in my room and...nap.

It was worthwhile. I missed the worst part of the day.  I may do that again today.  

The only other thing I have been thinking of is cool food.  I do not like lettuce but will eat it occasionally.  It is particularly valuable in hot weather.  But there are other things that are delicious and cool.  Onigiri is one.  I think I will make some rice this morning so it is cool for lunchtime and then I can make a rice with tuna bowl.  Topped with a splash of rice vinegar and some green peas thawed but  not cooked, it will be nice and cool for lunch or supper.  Sushi is another way to go.  

I have some quinoa I could cook up and use for salad with some red onion and cranberries with a nice zippy Italian lime dressing. Too bad  have no cilantro for it.  Oh well.   I could also go for grated carrots and raisins for lunch.  That is always yummy.

But that wll probably be my full day between short showers to keep cool and naps.

No comments: