Monday 13 May 2024

Happy Tolsta

Trouble is in the wind.  I am going to run out of yarn.

Ha ha ha.  Not really but sort of.  There was a short time last week where I thought I was going to get away using only one ball of the Adam and Eve but I am midway through the largest stripe in the sequence and there isn't going to be enough to do the rest of this sequence and the sleeves.  So...


which one of these lovely things should I use?  Three of the skeins are quite close in tone and colour and could be used together for a project.  One is a real outlier, with much stronger orangey/golden tones than the other three.  Which would you use?  


I think that I am going with the outlier.  I don't need much and I think that I can fade in these soft tones easier than the clearer stronger colours of the other three.

I have to laugh at myself because all along, I was worried about running out of the greige but I have lots left of ball three of five. I will use most of ball four finishing the body and ball five for the sleeves.  Should be just about perfect.

In fact, I am pretty pleased overall.  I am not running out of yarn.  I like the way it looks.  Its a kind of fun and funky with a lot of a minty green colour that I don't normally wear. With the base of greige, I can do it and enjoy.


It isn't that far from the body being finished. The sleeves will be short so no worries there.

I should say a bit about the pattern I am using.  I am making this with the Tolsta Tee pattern.  Fundamentally, it is a top down raglan.  Rebecca Clow's brilliance with the pattern is that she speaks a great deal about how to take Tolsta and have some fun.  She not only tells you how to make that well balanced and fun striped top that sells her design, but has a brilliant add on pdf with six pages of modifications to make Tolsta your own. When I see a pattern on Ravelry with a lot of projects, I always wonder what it is that makes it so popular. And this is why.  It's a great pattern and there are superior resources supporting it.  

No comments: