Friday 15 March 2024

Noro is the perfect way to end a day.

Because I am an adult, I picked up Utkiek and sorted it out.  


But only because I am an adult. All that adulting did not make me happy to have to do it, but it was nice to be past it. I find I have to be really careful checking the counting.  It is so easy to just count to four when the patterns says count to three and then do something.

I did work on it for a good chunk of the day too, and made good progress.  I should be able to get to the end of this colour on the body today and maybe even get to start of a sleeve. After that, all that remains from the overfull bag of yarn that I started with is green.  

I love this part of the progress of a garment.  You remember the pile of yarn you started with and here you are, with just a few skeins remaining. All it was was a pile of string wound into a ball, and you turned that pile into something else.  Magic. Pure magic.

 After supper, I picked up the Noro again.  It is such a calming thing to work on, just knit, knit, knit across the row and back   
 


letting the wonderful colours of Noro happen.  I do love Noro, even the weird sections.  It's a good way to end a knitting day.

I am reading Richard Osman's fourth Thursday Murder Club mystery, The Last Devil to Die, at the moment.  I recommend the whole series. They are extremely well written and in the world of the lighter end of crime fiction, that is something to be treasured. I love books that make me laugh out loud and touch my heart at the same time.  Long may he write more.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you sorted out the sweater. I am a great fan of Richard Osman too. Well written, interesting characters. Mysteries are my favourite genre.
Wendy from Ontario