Thursday 14 March 2024

Time out

Utkiek and I are not speaking to one another at the moment.  It isn't the sweaters fault, nor the yarns.  


No.  The fault lies solely with the knitter.  She cannot count.  

The little brick pattern is 3 knits and one slip stitch.  Sounds easy, right?  It would be if she actually did three knits and then a slip rather than four knits and a slip.  The first two sets were done right but this third tier of bricks is off.  I have to rip out the two and a half rows that I have completed.

Sigh.   

There are times when you know you just have to listen to that voice inside your head that says 'Step away from the knitting."  You know that if you don't do what it says, you will mess up everything.  I listened and searched for other knitting.

I thought about going back to a sock, but decided that might be too complicated.  So I did this.


Looks like a scarf but it is going to be a t shirt in the line of this pattern from Noro Knitting Magasine Spring Summer 2013 or Recalibrate .  

I'm going to wing it for this top.  I love the shape of the top and the way the colours flow, but I don't like the width of the center panel of the Noro Top and I don't like the gauge of Recalibrate.  So, I am aiming for a top like them, but my own way.  

The happy thing is this part is Noro, always nice to work with and secondly, if I get bored of the top or garter stitch, I will have a scarf that can be sewn together to form a cowl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like keeping your options open, eh. Good idea.
F.