Friday 22 March 2024

Always Knitting

Two finished sleeves.


That s what we are celebrating today. 

No ribbing at cuffs and hem is a pleasant change.  Just a nice balanced moss stitch to finish off.  The only thing I did that may have been unusual was that I doubled stranded the cast off.  The last green section is a bit shorter than all the other colour sections, but the sleeves are my perfect full length.  That perfect full length sleeve means greater chances for wear and tearing and catching on things so the doubling yarn for the cast off seemed a good idea.  

I did start on the last green section on the body of the sweater too, but my hands were done for the day.  Making that be todays work is perfectly fine.  

There are some household chores to do.  Some variation on a theme of grandkids will be here next week, for some of the days at least.  I have a few things to put away in their new places yet and a few things to go through before that chore is done. And I still have not done a big dig in my yarn.  Time to do that for sure.  But in between, always knitting.  Always knitting.

No comments: