Thursday 21 March 2024

Stress Free

I was sorting and tidying in a kind of desultory way yesterday, interspersed with a bit of stress free knitting.  I just kept working along slowly on part one of this garter stitch top.


I do love watching the colours of Noro develop.  Lots of people don't like Noro because of its thick and thin, earthy rustic style but right along with colour, I love that too. It is such a glorious yarn,

When I started, I said I was going to just let the colours do their thing, but I lied.


I am right near the middle of the piece, so mid torso, and there was supposed to be this long stretch of cream that merged into green.  It went on and on and with all the other gorgeous rich color in the skein, and because of where it would fall in my garment, I decided to pull of about half of the cream section.  I am pleased with it.  

I am also hoping that more of the turquoise and purple make it into the piece.  I love that brilliance.

I am going to pull out Utkiek today and finish up the last brown section on the second sleeve.  After that, only green in a moss stitch remains and a neck finish.   I am looking forward to seeing this one done.  

No comments: