Wednesday 27 December 2023

The days between

I am having a lovely Christmas and Christmasing won't finish till after New Years, but I wanted to pop in and show you what I am up to. 

I have been wanting to get back to this long paused colourwork project, a vest from Cheryl Oberle's Folk Vests, the Scandinavian Star vest.


I bought a Norwegian knitting thimble to see if I can speed up and smooth out my colourwork.  I had one of these for decades but never knew how to use it, so was given away a long time ago.


Now, with youtube tutorials, I know how to use it.  I am going to cast on a practice project of some sort to get used to it.  I think a cowl or wrist warmers but I am not certain of the yarn or pattern yet. A bit of a stash dive will inspire me, I am sure.

I am also thinking of giving a go to a small double knitting project to see how that goes.  I took a class on the basics many years ago, and just never got around to it since.  I wasn't very successful at it, but it is time to give it another go.  The desire to learn double knitting has been lingering even longer than my wish to do brioche, a technique where I now have two projects on the go. 

I did have time for a few stitches on some socks over the last couple of days.  Not many stitches and not much time but enough to keep the edge off and to relax me before bed.  


I have been so excited for Christmas this year, more so than for many years.  I feel like a little kid about it and that is the best gift of all.  

See you soon.

No comments: