Thursday 14 December 2023

Renewed Vigour

Feeling pretty good about this.


I finished up the marled part yesterday.  I measured for the last inches four times and it seemed as if whatever I knit went into the black hole of knitting.  And then suddenly, it was done. 

I am positively giddy about this. The new colour makes it all feel fresh.  The rows now need to be counted to match the pattern on the other side (I noted the row count on my Ravelry pattern page) so it will be a bit of fussy work but I ought to be able to get it done in just a few days. 

No more giant bags around the living room.  No more large things lurking in corners. Wonderful.

Except for this yarn.  




And the blanket I plan to make from it.  For me.  The yarn isn't lurking in the corner though.  It is well mannered.  It stays tucked in one of my yellow storage stools, properly contained.    

I had started a Friesland Blanket, a really lovely design by Jenise Hope but I didn't enjoy it's center out design.  I don't mind that sort of thing in crochet, but not in knitting it seems.  It is lovely though and I will probably make a pillow one day.  When I saw this Blue Willow pattern, and knowing how I do love my cheap blue and white china things, changing the pattern felt right.   This one is going to be my cast on for the new year.  

Yes.  You read that right.  I, who have sworn off blanket knitting forever, is going to make her first cast on of the year a blanket.  

No comments: