Thursday 21 December 2023

Cooking Cooking

Baking continues, or at least icing the cookies.  I am debating gingerbread cookies, but they are always left on the cookie tray so it seems like a waste.  Around here, they would eat the candy off the gingerbread houses, but not the cookies themselves.  

I do have to make poppy seed rolls and that is what I will focus on today.  There are other things to do, but these are a family favourite so I will be doing at least a double batch of these.  They are a bit of a pain to make but they are well worth it. 

I need a prepping day too.  I am going to carmelise onions and chop celery and make the turnip casserole. Luda will make cabbage rolls and vereniki for Christmas day, and I will contemplate salads. Christmas is the biggest feast we have.  
     
Any knitting that happens is going to be socks.  It would be scarf knitting but there are no scarves on any of my needles at all.  

And off I go.  I am looking forward to the day, but at the same time, I am looking forward to the quiet contemplation of the days between Christmas and New Years.

No comments: