Thursday 18 May 2023

Mail Day

What a lovely day it was.  It was mail day.  

My extra skein of Kelp Forest arrived from Midknit Cravings .  


It isn't a perfect match.  I did NOT expect it to be, dyed over a year later as it is.  It is a bit more of the lighter shades of the green tonal and a bit less of the dark, but the tones of the greens match exactly.  A bit of careful yarn management will blend it all perfectly.  

The real yarny surprise is this.  I ordered this rich deep navy from Yarn Canada on Monday.  This is Thursday and I am just wowed by the speed.


This is of course the yarn for Marcus' sweater.  He changed his mind from orange and solidly said blue so his M will be blue.  And while I was ordering, particularly with the cost of shipping things these days, I ordered some more Kroy because Kroy is always a good filler on an order as well as being a good sock yarn.


My fabric order also arrived.  I wasn't going to order any more fabric at all, but the linen in the top shot was 40% less than the regular price.  I needed it like a hole in the head but oh, how I wanted it.


The other thing I ordered was some waffle weave.  I wanted to make some decent fitting long johns for winter warmth for several years now.  I really wanted waffle weave because it is stretchy and comfortable to wear.  I have been looking for a plain cotton weave, but I have looked and looked and it doesn't seem to be on the market. 


 I had seen a blend like this bamboo and cotton waffle weave, several times on different fabric websites but the price was way out of my league.  Fabricville's short, online only 40% single day sale put it into my good heavens what an incredible price category of affordability.  I now have enough fabric for several pairs.

And I am not going to even go close to looking at Fabricville or ANY yarn place for a while.  I am going to sew and knit my heart out and just have a rollicking good time.  Honest.  Really.

No comments: