Tuesday 9 May 2023

Glorious Knitting

I didn't post yesterday... or did I? I have been lost in knitting.  And it is wonderful.

I knit most of this yesterday.

Today I did a few more rounds to get to the stitch count I wanted and to knit some short rows for back shaping, but it was oh so hard to stop working with the yarn.  It is lovely stuff.  I highly recommend anything from MidKnit Cravings .  And the colour.  Oh the colour.  It is like a slice of juicy apple green hidden inside a mossy catcus green with hints of olive.  There is just so much depth and warmth and richness to the tones.  It is truly glorious.

I still had a bit more knit left in me when I got to my desired stitch count so the next step was to start the main body of my modified Sun Dogs sweater.


 I want to make the start of the body a folded collar, though I am a bit concerned that it will look too heavy.  I am going to think about it over night.  

I also realized that it was time to stop knitting.  My hands were still good, but three hours of knitting was more than I intended.  It was so very hard to stop but I stayed strong and I put it away.  

But I am really, really looking forward to more knitting in the morning. 

No comments: