Monday 8 May 2023

Happy Days

I still have to knit in a controlled sort of way, not with the free abandonment normal to me, but I am knitting and it feels immeasurably good.  

I am working on the striped Elton cardigan that I was working on when last I knit.  There hasn't been visible change but then it is just four row stripes and the Elton pattern.  


It looks just like this, but longer.  I have about three inches till the body is done, then some sleeves and it will be complete.  I look forward to a perfect summer sweater.

I also decided to cast on for a variation on Laura Aylor's Sun Dogs.  When I was knitting it last time, my head was not clear and I just could not seem to get the yoke right.  It wasn't a big deal to rip it out and prepare for a restart.  I wanted to have a turtleneck collar on it in the green that I hope to use for the edges of the sleeves and the hem.  

I have really come to hate having a chilly neck during the long chilly winter and a high close fitting neck is increasingly important to my comfort level.  

I have only one skein and I am not sure that there is enough to do them all, so I am debating ordering another skein, just in case.  There is always the issue of no dye lots and I have had this yarn for over a year so I would expect a somewhat different colour, but I am not too worried because all areas I want to have in the green are separate.  I think I should be okay.  (Crossing fingers.  Crossing toes.) Time may prove me foolish but what the heck, it doesn't hurt to try.

I am so looking forward to days with knitting in them, but I am also going to be very, very careful that the injury doesn't happen again.

No comments: