Thursday 13 April 2023

Surprise, surprise.

Well that is a surprise.  I love it!  I finished the Hexham dress today.  

On the hanger, it kind of looks like a sack but on my body?  Wow.  It hangs all the right ways and folds just where it is supposed to drape and flow.  I am really pleased.  Have you any idea how it feels to have a pattern fit and fit nicely without any adjustments?  Have you any idea how it feels after a lifetime of really poorly fitted purchased clothing to be able to find a fit that simply is right for the body you have?  

I even almost like the fabric.  It actually works with my greying hair and looks surprisingly pleasing.  I wouldn't feel odd going out and about in the colour and that is a huge surprise.  I know just the sort of sweater I want to knit to wear with it too.  I think I even know the yarn I want to make it with.  It is already in my stash and is a design I have long wanted to knit.  I can't wait to wear them together.  

As to copying the dress skirt to add on to the Ashton top to make a woven dress in this same simple shape?  It is going to work great.  My two treat fabrics have arrived for said Ashton Top dress.  My favourite online fabric store had a special sale for newsletter members on the really good stuff so I picked up a piece of linen in a dusty blue and a piece of linen cotton with a very pretty embroidery skating across its surface.  I had to hold myself back, the prices were so good, but honestly, I have enough fabric to keep me in new clothes for a very long time and two new dresses, plus this one is more than enough for summer.

So it was a good day.  Just a really good day.  

No comments: