Thursday 16 March 2023

Boring and then...

Today was a sort of long and terrible day.  The puzzles are no longer that much fun alone and I find myself generally bored to tears.  I decided to do a very little bit of sewing and made myself a promise to stop after an hour and to watch how I held my hands as I worked.  I managed to get the shirt done.


And I thought about what I am going to work on while I wait for my toner cartridges to arrive so I can print out another pattern.  I do have another couple of shirts to sew and possibly a dress out of some buffalo plaid for the chilly winters.  Can't you just see the warm cozy of a skirt pulled over my knees and feet tucked while I knit and watched a movie?  I can.  However...I don't know if my machine could manage to wash a dress out of such heavy fabric.  I think I had better stick to pj pants. It's what I need more.  

It was a very good day for mail.  A few weeks ago, I purchased some beautiful soft grey from River City Yarns as a farewell to their lovely brick and mortar store.  


I tried to get some mohair dyed in the same colourway.  Sadly it was not to be but this ought to do nicely.  


Twelve hundred metres of lovely soft silk mohair from YorikoOki.com.  It might not be grey but it will work wonderfully with the soft delicate Adam and Eve.

I also received an impulse purchase.  I seldom purchase on impulse any longer.  I usually think about all other lovely things I already have to knit and resist, but it was a cold miserable day and I wasn't knitting and my soul really needed a lift.  I saw the wonderful yellow tonal at Arcane Fibre Works and fell for it.


My spirit is lifted considerably.  This is just the perfect vibrant yellow tonal to take the gumption out of winter. I even know what I want to do with it.  I can't wait.

I did pick up one other wee treat.  I picked up a skein of a soft colourway called Sea Shells.  



It is just so delicate and pretty.  This will be a cowl to go with the grey and mohair sweater.  

My boring day turned out pretty fine in the end and I feel reinvigorated and fresh and new.  


No comments: