Tuesday 7 March 2023

A Different Kind of Puzzle

I did set the forever puzzle for a while today.  It is coming along really well, but I can't reach or see the middle very well.  So I go through the pieces and set what I can and Keith fits the stuff I set when he gets home.  Even he says it is too big.  We will set the other eventually.

I did other stuff too.  A puzzle in a way.

I have a pattern for a top that is gathered at the neck.  What I really wanted to do with it was not to gather it, but to pleat it.  I gave it a test today to see if I was going in the right direction.

Step one was to mark out the number of pleats that I wanted to have on either side of the button bands.


And then the marks were transferred to the fabric.



Then all there was to do was the sew the pleats on the marks and give it a good press.  I think it works even though it looks awful with the dark thread.  Still I am really glad I did it with the dark thread. 


 It shows up that I need to do a bit of adjusting or something on the tension.  


I do like the look of the pleats on the right side.  That is the look I had in my head, but the surprise to me is that I also like the wrong side.  It does show up the imperfect lines and spacing though.

But I am still hankering after my knitting.  I am preparing.  I ordered some more stitch markers.


I was going to go for plain markers, but there are many times where having a different style marker would be very handy.  It's just a wee almost spring treat for myself.  Just a few more days should do.

No comments: