Wednesday 8 March 2023

Another day in Paradise?

Just another day in puzzle paradise.  ??

Well maybe not.  


Keith figures that we have about two hundred pieces left to go.  The bottom of the box has pieces but they are all turned up and there are very few major features that have not been connected to the whole.  All in all, we are pleased with how fast it is coming together.  This puzzle was a challenge and interesting and fun but not more fulfilling than the puzzles I have done before.  It keeps me busy and it passes the time in a not awful way and that is exactly what it is meant to do.  

I miss my knitting.

I did do something else today and will again tomorrow.  


Back to my sewing.  In the fooling around with pleats yesterday, I had almost forgotten this shirt.  When I woke this morning, I decided to sew.  I stopped just after I attached the collar and front facings.  They are not finished, just attached.  Getting there was enough for one day.  Finishing that and getting the sleeves, cuffs, side seams and hems for tomorrow leaves me with another full day of sewing.  I am trying not to go too fast.  I need time fillers as much as I need clothes.

In great news, may hands did not quibble at all today.  No feeling tired or puffy or anything.  I have a feeling that my wee pin loom was partly the reason this has gone on for so long.  Once I am back to knitting, I doubt that it will make it worse because the motions are so different to knitting.  However, on a injured wrist, everything makes it worse.  I am going to wait till after the weekend though.  I might try on Sunday, just a little to see how it feels.  

In the meantime, more puzzling, maybe some more sewing.  There is a buttonhole day that should happen before too long and there is a ton of fabric to wash and prepare for cutting.  Lots to do.  And yes, as ever, the house is still not cleaning itself.  

I am jumping up and down with joy.  I can knit soon.  Really soon.  yipeeee.  

No comments: