Tuesday 14 February 2023

Thinking of sewing and knitting.

I had planned to sew today but I didn't feel like it.  I was not sure what to sew next.  I have sewn four new tops and shirts in summer materials and that is pretty good for the middle of February. As I worked this afternoon, I figured out what I want to do next.  

I have several pieces of flannelette that were my first fabric purchases a long while ago.  I think I am going to sew a couple of good warm flannelette shirts that I can wear over top of a turtleneck or t shirt.  And while I am doing that I am going to think about what to sew with some nice red and black buffalo check  flannelette.  I have four metres of it and it could become pajama pants but I remember seeing it after I washed it and folded it.  It just instantly spoke dress to me.  Would a red and black buffalo check dress be too weird?  

I may also sew up the very lovely pink corduroy that I got at the same time as the red stuff.  That will be a shirt too, a Waikere, with long sleeves just like the flannelette fabrics.  It just speaks to me of warm.  It did cross my mind that that would make a really cozy dress too but it would be almost more than my washing machine (small) could handle.  

Maybe tomorrow.

I ended up working in my room for most of the afternoon.  It was time to go through all the yarn in my display cabinet and it was time for a big dig in my stash.  I ran out of steam when I had a stack and a half of containers to go through yet.  I am too tuckered to go on and there is always tomorrow to finish up.  

I love when I dig in the yarn.  It isn't that I forget how much lovely stuff I have but it always feels like going through treasures.  And it makes me feel very rich in a very special way.  

I am rich in all the ways that matter.  I have great sons that I am so proud of.  I have two lovely daughters in law and I have grandchildren.  Oh goodness, my grandchildren.  How I love those kids.  Six grandsons and one granddaughter.  I am rich in every way that matters plus I have a lovely stash of yarn, bought when I could afford such friperies.  And slowly, oh so achingly slowly, my hands are feeling better and are leading to to take up my knitting once again.  

No comments: