Tuesday 10 January 2023

Mattress, mattress

The mattress and headboard is done. 


It doesn't look like a lot but a lot of work had to happen to get there.  I had to find the fabric and I wasn't sure where it was.  I thought I had put it in my bits box, but no.  Not there.  I did find it in one of my other boxes.  There is enough there for another simple top but there was a good sized scrap piece too.  The scrap was more than enough for what I needed.  There are some refinements that will happen later, such as the corners are going to be sewn so that they stay tidier looking.  For now this is fine. Time to do that when I have needles and thread out doing the soft goods.  

I also made a headboard.  I ended up going easier than even my original thought this morning.  But it fits my house.  They have dressers that are good but they probably made the headboard themselves.  And there is no footboard. The gentleman of the house did not have time to make one. It does have layered edges, with 3 different width layers and looks just right.

I alos went digging through my books, looking for quilt ideas and soft good ideas too.  I have so many books 





I have collected the books for a very long time, but they are such a resource for little things like this.  The internet is fine, Pinterest is great, but these books are filled with so much right at hand.  They are a vast mine of information and inspiration.

Once the bed was done, I put away all the little things, sorted through the boxes and tidied them up, and tried to clean up the mess that my living room was becoming.  But for the chair and the eventual garden, the rest of the work is soft goods, which means sewing and ironing and things not meant for the living room.  The rest of this week will be devoted to giving the house a good go over and then to getting ready for a wee bit of miniature sewing.  

And with any luck at all, by this time next week, I will be back to knitting.    

No comments: