Monday 9 January 2023

Big Little Dreams

It was a long day.  It started as it ought, right about 6:30 and the first thing i did after my one cup of coffee was the wall paper.  I had done the floor last ight just before I went to bed so that it would be dry this morning.  



After the wall paper was put on the wall templates, they all went for a press under the weight of books, to set and to take out the curl. 

Then I pulled apart the little chair that is up for reupholstery.  I really thought that would be working on the chair today, but when I got back from my appointment, I just didn't feel quite up to it.


I decided to see what I could come up with for a metal bed, my preferred bed frame style.


I played around with the wire I had purpose bought, but I don't have a soldering set and I am not going to invest in one.  What I do have is scissors, and large stocks of card stock and various other craft things.  So...a cardstock bedframe it will be.  These can look very nice and I do have some tricks up my sleeve.  It will look like the bedstead I had as a little girl.  Mine might have been metal, but the style will work really well to translate to cardstock.

After that decision, I decided that putting the wallpaper up and getting the floor in, would be a good idea.  My workspace needed clearing up so that I would have enough room to do the bed.


Isn't that fine?  I know it isn't perfect, but it will do.  In fact, it looks better than I thought it would. On to the fun of the bedding!

I came across one more little thing that was supposed to go wherever the lady of the house did her sewing.  This pretty but very simple wood chest is just right to fill with all her sewing things, the fabric, the threads, the lining, the quilt batting.  All the things a person uses when you sew.


And here it is, filled.


I made all the little bits many years ago, back while I was still living at the acerage I think. Just beside it is a basket full of laces too.  Those went up into the bedroom, right close to the sewing corner.


And then, just before I headed off to my own room for the night, I noticed a dark blue bead in with the chair parts. If you go up and look at the picture, you will see it too.  When I was putting the feet on the bed( a blue bead and a pearl pin) I had inadvertently dropped one of the blue beads. I couldn't find it.  I substituted a turquoise one and called it good.  Keith found it at dinner time, and he put it in with the chair parts, so I had to fix that.  

I do hope to have a good day tomorrow.  I would really love to get the bedstead and chair done and in my wildest dreams, I would love to pretend that I will start and finish much of the bedding.  I know that is not possible, but a girl can dream.  

And then maybe one day, really soon, my hand will be ready for knitting. 

No comments: