Tuesday 24 January 2023

And Sew It Was

I got up early this morning and by 8:30 I was in the sewing room.

I played around in fabrics for a while till my coffee was finished and then pulled out my chosen fabric and gave it a go.

The pattern and fabric lay out and cut like a dream.  I had plenty of fabric to play with so I didn't have to be ultra careful.  My goal was to have the hem at the bottom in the lace. I was hopeful for a bit, that I could make the sleeve bands out of the lacy part but that was not to be.     


After lunch I started sewing.  All the interfacings are in place and the pieces are ready.  Not that it takes a lot of time.  There are only four seams and not a lot else.  It means I have the luxury of time and can take it slow and be sure it is right.

I stopped after the neck facing was in.  All that is left is to put in the tab sleeves and sew up the sides.  The sleeves are already complete and will take longer to pin them in place than it will to sew.  I will finish in the morning..  

I took a photo of the lace too.  It is just so pretty.


The only change I made to the pattern was that I made it longer.  I put the hem of the pattern just above that beautiful wide lace border, which will finish things off in fine style.  There is one tiny place where I will have to do a bit of repair on the lace bottom. I noticed a thread loose on one spot on the back piece.  I don't think it is serious.

Finishing will be tomorrows job and then comes picking project number two to play with.

No comments: