Wednesday 25 January 2023

Busy Bees

It was a busy day.  It kind of looked like this.


In the mail the previous day, my Zoom Loom arrived.  The larger pin loom is strictly for dishcloths and this smaller one is for the vast amount of sock yarn ends I have.  Eventually I hope it will be a blanket.  Surely I can manage to make a dent in the pile of sock yarns ends with this.



I finally got around to opening it after lunch today.  I wanted to work up one square, but by this time, I had started another project that I wanted done.

I was finished sewing the rest of the top in the morning, and as I thought, it took much less time to sew than it did to pin the sleeves in.  But for finishing details to strengthen and secure the side seams of the lace, the top is done and I am very pleased.

I had picked up my embroidery stuff to get to work on finishing it, but I opened the embroidery case and realized that here was another little project that needed just a wee bit of time to complete.  So I did that.  Only two elements were needed, one to secure the 'smoke' and the other, to finish the wee background volcano.





I voted not to put in the colours at the bottom.  I have a feeling they will be covered up when I frame it or make a pillow of it or otherwise finish it.  If the spot does show, I will add it but it is substantially complete.

Then, I looked at fabrics.  It was time to figure out what to sew next.  I decided to look at patterns. I was looking for a pattern to fill that wardrobe spot most often filled by tank tops.  Some summer days are just too hot for anything else. This time, I picked out a pattern from Style Arc. I picked out the Parker Tunic  .  The rest of the day was taken up with putting the pattern together and getting ready to cut out the fabric for top one tomorrow.  I have two pieces of rayon fabric that I want to use for these tops.  The rayon is light, brightly coloured and will drape perfectly, even if sewing the stuff is a wee bit more challenging than I prefer.

I did not get to finishing my lacy tops edges.  By the time I was finished Marcus' volcano, my hand was buzzing the tiniest bit.  It is doing so well and I really don't want to use it for serious long gripping tasks more than I have to.  It is driving me nuts, but I am getting through it.  My hand is getting better, but at least another week before I can knit.   

Note to self:  Never ever rush small circular knitting like hots and socks and mitts. That is how I injured myself.  I pushed too hard and now look at me.  

No comments: