Tuesday 22 November 2022

A Sock. A Sock.

One of the things that I have missed all fall was talking with and general hanging out with knitters. Virtual or live, it made no difference to me. I was taking some very easy courses but I felt overwhelmed by them and stopped the visiting with knitters so I could concentrate on the material in front of me.  Now that all is said and done, I realize that being overwhelmed was connected to not being well for most of the fall.  I have missed my people and my contact with the joy that other people who knit have brought into my life.

Keith pointed out that some of my issues the last few days, could be alleviated if I just went back to my knitting groups, that 'maybe it was time, mama'.  I took his sage advice and I joined the International Virtual Knit Nights group today.  It was a lot of fun because if pineapple pizza day.  I can't explain it but it really was fun.  I haven't giggled so much in a long time.




I wanted to knit something simple and pulled out this barely started pair of socks.  The yarn is one of my very pretty Opal's, the Claude Monet colour.  I love how the artist colours come out in this whole series.  There was not a dud among them.  I only wish I had the Vincent Van Gogh Starry Night one.

I did spend most of the morning working on my embroidery things too.  Marcus' volcano is so close to finishing.  I have the smoke at the top and a few bits near the bottom to do.  Another day or two and it will be done.  Then comes Carter's volcano, a very different look, but really interesting to play with.  

As it is, this blog is written at my bed time.  I am tired but am feeling really good about my day and the general state of things.   I may learn to love Bob Vader** yet.  I need my sleep.

**Bob Vader, Darth's cousin, who wasn't evil like Darth, but wasn't entirely good either.

No comments: