Thursday 13 October 2022

The green and the next thing.

Sleeve two is a go.  I got a decent way along it, though not as far as I dreamed I might.  My dream was unrealistic, if I am honest, particularly with the state of me and napping these days.  Napping has become my superpower and one of these days, I do indeed hope to resolve it so I can get more of the things I dream of done.



But as you can see, sleeve two is well underway.  I am just about to switch over to dpns and that is when knitting goes really fast.  

I usually keep the sleeve on my short circular tips till I get to the point where I don't have to turn the entire sweater to work around.  Once the sleeve is long enough to turn back and forth to work on and I don't have to worry about all the points and possible stitches slipping off,  I move to the dpns.  I don't know if I knit faster on them, but it seems to be faster and I really do enjoy it more.  

And that is what it is about, isn't it?  

Now for the next big thing, Marcus has asked me for a red sweater.  I want to give him a red sweater but I really don't want to have to buy more yarn.  But it needs to be superwash.  Really superwash.  I have a couple of lovely reds but not superwash.  I have one possibility but it is a four ply, in other words, fingering weight.  It's all cotton and would wash up like a jeans yarn and should be a great choice but fingering?  I may have to see what it looks like doubled.    

I will also need to make it a growing sweater and it is going to need some size.  My little boysand girls are all growing fast.  And so it goes.

No comments: