Wednesday 1 June 2022

Failing...Again

When you are good at something, keep doing it.  I am very good at failing.  It's a small fail and was semi repeated, but it was most assuredly a fail.

This is side two of the front on my green Elton.


This is side one.  You may notice that right where the second colour is a slight increase and an even further increasing just below that in the green zone.  If you look at part two again  you will see a beautifully straight edge.



It would bug me so much except that I already knit the last four rows in plain green before I remembered I was supposed to start the second colour.  It's a bit frustrating that now the colours are right and I have knit two rows of the plain green for the next stripe that I should realize that there is perhaps too much straight edge. 

I even had a nap.  Oh well, it is a short pull back and not such a bad thing really.  Maybe.  It is a wee bit frustrating but I will get over it.  

Being good at failing means one other thing.  When you are good at failing and when you fail repeatedly, it surely means you are willing to try again and again.  I haven't always been this way, but I am getting better at understanding that the trying again part is much much more important than the good at failing part. 

And there you have it.

No comments: