Thursday 2 June 2022

Things to do

I accomplished the sum of nothing yesterday.  I was not feeling very well and the only thing I can seem to do when I feel like that is sleep.  And since sleep is the best thing for it, that is what I will do. I feel much better this morning but I am still going to stick to the sleep plan today.  It will, I hope seal the deal on feeling better.

I have been looking at and thinking about my burgeoning wardrobe.  There still are a few key things it lacks but it is getting so much better.  This is most of what I made this May and I hope June is close to as product filled.


 I could use a few more shirts and a couple more of the nifty Torrens tops but it is so much better than it was.  I feel as if I have enough clothes to go out if I wanted to.  There are bike shorts cut out and waiting for sewing.  

There is a shirt there too, a bright yellow one, my favourite colour. Or very close to it.  I am looking forward to wearing it because I have the perfect fabric sitting around for something to go with it.  Insert funky weird clothing idea that my mom would be appalled by but I would dance for joy over.  Don't get me wrong.  I love my mom, but her approach to fashion isn't really mine.  Her style is quite lovely for her.  I am not sure if the funky thing will be my next foray into garments, but it might be.  And I am not sure just what the funky thing will be.  Depends how much yardage there is when all is laid out, and put together.  But it is going to be a tad different and yet not different at all if you go by what the fabric stores show off.

Anyway, I don't think there will be much sewing today.  I have been thinking a lot about other things lately, things like spinning and weaving too.  The just not quite getting round to it tasks, deserve to be experienced.  I managed to get sewing into my day in a major way and if I could do that, I can do these things too. I need to think about how to make those first steps again, not of the doing of it, but of the fitting it into each week.

 I think it will be a day for reading and pondering just what is next. I might read my pastry cookbooks or make a pie.  I may just spend the day playing with my library and dusting the books and paging through each slowly and gently, reading when something catches my eye.  I might take up my ereader and finish Have His Carcass by Dorothy Sayer, because spending a whole day reading a good book isn't something I do very often, though I should.  I might just listen to the nest Arnuldur Indriason book I have to see what is going on in his mythical policing world set in real life Reykjavik.  

I love that I have a world within the walls of my house.  I love that I have the freedom to explore.  I love that I have so may wonderful things to do.  Time to get busy.

No comments: