Thursday 9 June 2022

Back to the Sewing Room

I did sit down and knit all day Tuesday.  This particular Elton has been my go to project for several days now.



It is starting to look more sweater like with a front nearing completion.  It's longer than it is here at the moment, I want to say just one stripe from the length needed, but suspecting it is two stripes.  Either way, it isn't far and that bodes well for my plan to try and keep the two Eltons close to each so that Luda and I will both have sweaters at the same time.

When I woke yesterday, I really felt like sewing so I decided not to write a blog post and just got down to it.  Both pairs of 'bike' shorts or narrow legged shorts are ready to wear.  That means that only my yellow blouse is waiting sewing and that is hitting the machine today.    Waiting is  is the Tarawi shirt from Muna and Broad and is the first go at this pattern.  I cut one size above the base of the armsyce and another below.  That is pretty standard for me on something that is more fitted on top.  The Torrens and the Waikere were full cut to the largest size because the relaxed fit meant it would work.  This shirt is quite different, more traditional sewing, but still a good easy pattern.  

I have gone a few laundry rounds with my more fully fleshed out sewn wardrobe and I can tell I still need a few things.  There are a couple pieces of rayon that are meant to be cut similarly to the top I designed from an old favourite a few years ago that I really could use and just a few more shirts.  A couple more of the Torrens Boy Top and a few more shirts of either kind.

Then is when the adventure really starts.  I have a couple pairs of overalls to sew, using the Otis pattern from Sew Liberated.  Just for fun.  I have a knit fabric just waiting to be Munda and Broads' Hexham dress, and in the deeper stash is this really nice piece of light weight denim to make a Sydney Dress from Style Arc. The Hexham I am sure of, in part because I know their fit but also because it is a relaxed sort of style but the Otis Overalls, and the Sydney Dress bend my mind and stretch my wearing and sewing boundaries in a couple different ways.  

Once the rush of the sewing is done, I really really hope I can put some time in at spinning again and can really get doing on my lovely loom.  they sit and I am a wee bit ashamed that I do not adress their lack of use. I really want to keep some diversity in my day and to feel good, really good about getting to ALL the things.

Anyway, time to get moving.  I have sewing to do today and I am going to make a yam pie in my new deep dish pie pan.  Add the biscotti that I did not get to the other day and I have a busy day ahead.    

No comments: