Tuesday 7 June 2022

A heart that wants to knit.

I'm in the middle of a special project right now.  I don't want to talk about it just yet but it will get blogged when the time is right.  But it is taking up all my thinking time and a fair bit of my actual time.

Otherwise life continues apace.  Laundry and dishes need doing.  Actually not too many dishes, which is really surprising, but only a few.  Laundry as ever.  The floor needs scrubbing.  The house needs work.  

And I feel a tad unmotivated.  What I really want is to just be knitting sitting in a nice warm corner somewhere out of the sun.  But it is gray outside and a bit cool, even damp, though we had very little of the rain other locations close to us have had. It feels like the kind of weather you curl up in front of the fire with a cup of tea and put on a good book and just knit.  

In that perfect dream in front of the fireplace scenario, I would have some biscotti at hand and would be dipping them in my tea.  I have most of the things to make this all happen, lacking only biscotti. I have recipes.  I know this because I spent the last few days looking for recipes for biscotti in my cookbooks.  I have also been looking at the recipes online for biscotti.  

But that is neither here nor there.  I should sew and I might but the heart wants to knit.

No comments: