Monday 6 June 2022

Adventure is Out There

I knit my heart out this weekend.  

After identifying the two Elton problem, I sat down and decided to fix it.  A lot of effort wnet to getting the blue sweater up to snuff.  The back portion is complete and I am about halfway down front one.



This view might show it better.


I am at the place where the increases go on more rapidly to get to the half width the fronts are.  On this particular Elton, there is a little fancy footwork going on.  As I have said, This sweater is going to go to Luda.  She is an apple type figure so her front needs to be broader than her back pieces so in this case, the fronts are going to be the largest size.  The fit relies on a good amount of ease and I think this will get the right fit for her.

Plus, I worked enough on the green to get my own version of this pattern to just below the arms.  It is more or less straight knitting from here on for this sweater, but it is the ever changing stripes that keep you engaged.



The green is an easier knit but the mohair and Adam and Eve sweater is really just to die for.  It is so delicate and soft.  I had quite forgotten how delicious it is.  

Both of these Eltons are going to be winners.  I can see it in how they are at the necklines and on the shoulders.  I already have another sweater in mind using a single colour though, a tonal, but just one colour.  It is just such a good basic shape.

It is time to get back to the sewing room today.  After last weeks general miasma, it is time.  I have to do a different finishing on a couple of the tops already sewn to start.  It seems some of the interfacing fabric combinations have left me with things I would need to iron all the time before wearing.  That is just not on the cards so I have a little bit of a change to the facing finishes planned that ought to make it better.  

And then on to my bright yellow Tarawi shirt.  That is the one with a more fitted sleeve.  I am kind of looking forward to it to see which shirt pattern my winter flannelettes will be made into.  And Biker shorts, pairs two and three are in the works.  I am kind of looking forward to the sewing room again and I am glad of it.  

Adventure is Out there!




No comments: