Wednesday 4 May 2022

I have spent nearly two says only sewing.  No knitting.  Nothing.

I worked on the pattern from the black top. It worked out fairly well, I think.  I do need to narrow the neckline next time but otherwise I think it will work well.  I made this top with the same longer in the back look that the black top has, but it will also make a very nice top with an even hem. 

The green of this rayon linen is one of only three misfires of colour made since I have been purchasing fabric online.  I thought it would be a little more kakhi and less kelly.  As it is, it's a rather washed out sandy green that sallows my complection.  Still, it was not expensive material, not so cheap as muslin, but a decent replacement and not too bad for a practice pattern.  It is wearable and this is that.  

I did something on the two shirts and this test top that I haven't done in years.  I hemmed by hand.  I could have done the shirts on the machine but I cheat a bit.  I only sew with black or white thread.  Occasionally that creates a problem such as on the green top where over stitching in white would have looked weird.  I had to do that hem by hand so  it wasn't much more work to do the others as well.  

Or so I thought.

And that is kind of how I spent such a chunk of time sewing.  It took an hour and a half for the first one and the green one was close to yhe same.  The pink and brown plaid went faster for some reason but I won't be doing that amount of hand work again when I don't have to.  

No comments: