Thursday 12 May 2022

Glad

I'm glad.  Glad, glad, glad.   That come straight out of Pollyanna in case you do not instantly get my reference.  No matter what happened, she was glad.  And so am I.

About buttonholes.

This sewing machine is new to me and while it is a pretty standard buttonhole process, there are quirks and adjustments and adaptations.  It took much more fiddling to get it right than I thought it would.  But when I got it right, it made very nice buttonholes.  


And I finished a couple really nice shirts.  Really nice.  

The plan for today is to cut out two more shirts with this pattern, the Waikere pattern from Muna and Broad, this morning, and then move on to the Tarawi pattern next week. Tarawi has a more fitted sleeve construction than this nifty sleeve band on Waikere.  

There was knitting too.  Maybe, just maybe this will get done!   



I am looking forward to the sewing being more or less complete, so I can move on with my knitting plans.  I am burning to knit more,  but right now the need is still here for sewn garments.  Soon.  Soon.  

For now, I'm just going to be glad, glad, glad, glad, that I have the chance to do this for myself.  It's empowering and a very special kind of joy.

No comments: