Tuesday 5 April 2022

Surprise knitting

Yesterday was a great day for sewing.  I finished up the last flag and then got down to doing the skirt of the last of my dress suite.  It needs to be sewn to the dress but the rest is done.   Stuck with hand gathering the skirt because of all the ways I tried in my whole life, this is the only one that has not failed.  I didn't get much else done beyond a nap, but today will be better. I had a wonderful sleep last night and am raring to go.  

 But I have knitting!  I am surprised that I do, but there has been some real visual advancement on the little cowl I am working on.  



I just started the third colour on my version of Joji Locatelli's 3 Color Cashmere Cowl.  I have shortened the striped section because there is a lace section in cream yarn and my cream colour yarn is getting a bit low.  I don't want to run out midway in the lace.  Right now I am working on the nifty third colour section and I have to tell you, I thought it was plain knitting but it's not.  There is a knit purl pattern to it and I can tell it is going to be the perfect sort of knit.  It's the kind of thing you have to stay focused on but not in a hard way.  The stitch becomes a rhythm all its own and very soon you find a little bit of a sing song happening as you go.



I did not notice the delicate colour variation in this very pretty yarn before but it will be exactly right for this design.  The simplicity will enhance gentle changes.  

With a bit more organization, I am hoping for more knitting today as well as significant sewing.  Or prepping to sew.  I have some measuring to do before I cut out the first of the Tarawi shirts I want.  With its more fitted sleeves, my plan is to have the cut more fitted than the gentle flow of the Waikere and Torrens patterns from their line.  I also have a pattern printed that is waiting to be put together for their Birchgrove pants with its more tailored line in their leg.    I love their casual style, but there us a place for a crisper more closely cut fit.  Anyway, lots to do.  Lots to do indeed.

No comments: