Friday 22 April 2022

Socks and Races and Happy Things

First up,  a answer to a question from the Making post from April 14.  The sweater is the Agate Cove sweater, which was designed with Briggs and Little Regal.  It is just a wonderful pattern and it is particularly nice to do it with stash yarn!

I finished up my socks yesterday quick enough and now they are on my feet.  Instant gratification from a newly completed knit.


There is a fair bit of yarn remaining and if pushed, I am pretty sure I could get another pair of socks out of it.  I think though, that this would be a great yarn for wrist warmers too so I put the yarn with the yarn leftover after I made the red pair.  It's such a lovely squishy yarn that I think it would be perfect.


And then, I had to do a bit of digging for the giant balls of denim coloured Comfort yarn.  It is an F1 weekend and I am going to have plenty of time to knit.  We get free practise 1 and qualifying today, the Sprint tomorrow and a full race on Sunday.  Lots of time to knit and my hands seem to be in good working order,.


I got in a few rows this morning watching FP1 and I should be able to watch the qualifying shortly.  

Plus, I woke a bit chilly this morning so I picked the warmest of my dresses to wear.  Goodness how I love these things, my dresses that is.  Something for every kind of weather.  It might be a test on my little washing machine with the gathered skirts, but oh goodness they speak to my soul.


No comments: