Thursday 7 April 2022

i scream

With the completion of my first pair of socks for the year, I have more empty needles than socks on the needles.  This shouldn't be a problem, but it is.  The sock needles all seem to get stored now in my little notions case, and there just isn't room in there for the needles.  Time to get a few pairs going.  

First up is a pair that I wanted to make from Operation Sock Drawer from the Knitmore Girls.  


I.  Love.  These.  I Scream is a memory of my childhood and my dad and mom and the way it was when I was a kid.  We often had neopolitan ice cream and vanilla, but never w whole pail of chocolate or strawberry.  I get it.  Mom needed ice cream dad would put on pie and he wouldn't put chocolate on pie.  And she didn't think we would eat an entire pail of strawberry.  She was right.  So in order for the kids to get some of the coveted chocolate, we got neopolitan.  These are also a reminder of the silly things my dad used to say, like I scream, you scream and hide of naughe (naughehyde, the name for a bonded backed vinyl fabric cheaper then leather)  it is a reminder of sweet innocent days and two people whom I love beyond measure.  

So this is the first of the new socks.  I am not really having a great time so far.


I am starting from my usual toe and am struggling to get the waffle pattern established. One side is defined but the other is garbage.  I think I sorted it out in my head now so what you see above has to be pulled back and done again, hopefully with better results.  

Later today, I am going to hit the sock yarn box and pick out at least two nice skeins.  I am not sure if it is going to be for some of the really nice patterns in this book



Or some of these



Or from the two other sock books I have in digital format. Patterning or colourwork?  Stripes or plain?  Variegated?   Hand dyed?   I am just not sure, but there will be a few new cast ons.  

Just to get those sock needles out from the notions case of course.

No comments: