Thursday 7 April 2022

And screamed Again

I thought I had it sorted out in my head.  

Ha.

So not sorted.  I tried it and it still was not right.  

I checked on the Ravelry page and there was a link to a tutorial that the designer made.  It looked suspiciously like what I had already done.  As I prepped the sock to try it her way when a video started that had been done by River City Yarns for people who joined them knitting this sock.  

I know Cynthia's abilities as a technical knitter.  There are none finer.  She can sort out the little oddities in a stitch or due to an error better than anyone else I have ever seen.  And she showed her own problem with this tricky little bugger and demonstrated how she solved it.  She did exactly what the pattern said as did I, but the solution was all in the exact path you took to get there.  

I tried Cynthia's version and could tell instantly, it worked.  My problem was gone.  It was a bit of a bugger to do due to my own style of knitting  but I kept on and it is feeling much more natural now.  



I am pretty pleased with this, and am only stopping because it is 9 p.m. and there is a practice session on for the weekends F1 race.  It's in Australia.  The times are all weird.  

1 comment:

Christine said...

I am loving reading about your dresses and sewing! And so relieved to hear that Olga’s mom is safe in Canada now. Knowing what a thoughtful and generous friend you can be, it’s clear to see that Luda has hit the jackpot, having you to look out for her and help get her settled. Can’t wait to hear what other grandma adventures you two get up to!