Wednesday 23 March 2022

Out and About

I am going out of the house today.  Weird to announce it but I haven't left in any sort of routine way since forever ago, so announcing it seems right.  I am off to visit Ludmila and to see what troubles we grandmothers can get into.  

I know she likes to keep busy.  She reminds me of Olga.  She always has to be doing something.  She loves bringing order to things.  I am a little concerned that she will find being there for the kids, to get them off to school and to be there when she gets home, that the midday will get long and feel empty. That is an awful thing to feel.   So, we, together shall contrive to do some fun things to keep her going till she finds her own path.

We talked about going to the greenhouses once they are open.  I know from last time when Luda was here that she enjoyed working in the yard and seeds and plants and the smell of spring will be of interest to her.  Maybe she will want to make some garden beds.  After that, I think that her and I will make it grandmother's business to go to farmer's markets for fresh produce.  That sort of thing can be difficult for working people to get to outside of big centres.  The nearest market to me is only half a morning long so if you are not able to be there right at that moment, you are out of luck.  I don't want to drive into  the city but I for sure can do Fort Saskatchewan.

I know that there is a big dog at their house, that if she befriends it and can get used to leading Cora, the dog will love Luda to bits if Luda will take her for a daily walk.  I am not sure if Luda has thought of that, but I will see.  Walking around, getting familiar with her new small town is important to her state of mind.  I know for Olga, it was finding the fire department made her feel at home and I hope there is something to find like that for Ludmila too.

Anyway, that is just rambling thoughts.  For today, coffee and chatting, while translating with google translate.  Lots to do, much to say, many things to learn.  

No comments: