Tuesday 22 March 2022

A Mixed Bag

I had some lovely company yesterday morning.  They were dropping a few things for Olga's mom.  I will deliver them tomorrow when I pick up sewing Olga has asked for.  

It meant too that my sewing time was small or not at all.  Not a problem really.  Not at all.  I pulled out a sock that was at a point of decision.  To heel or not to heel? 



As you can see, I heeled.  The heel on these were actually a foregone conclusion.  The amount of multi colored yarn I had when I started meant I had to use the green solid for the heels, toes and cuffs and lately, the socks I love to wear most often are the ones with a garter stitch short row heel.  I find the heel kind of difficult to knit if I am visiting so this was a great time to get it done.  This pair are ready again for zooming knitting.  

This also seems like a great time to show you the progress that happens when you knit a bit here and there.  



This is the very striking Agate Cove pullover.  The last time I showed it, I think was when I was having trouble with my hands aching after a bit of knitting it.  

Originally, I had it on 3.75 mm needles.  That worked great for the yoke, but it made knitting the body not a lot of fun.  I found myself avoiding working on it.  Rather than doing my usual increases at this point, I decided to change needle sizes to get the width I was looking for.  Thanks to Amy for suggesting that.  Suddenly knitting is fun again.  I am happy because I love this yoke.  I love this yarn and I love this rich blue colour. 

Sewing today I think, at least the top part of this bright yellow check dress.  Then some embroidery, I think.  I noticed a very small area where the fabric looks as if it had been folded and worn through on one of my skirt panels. On the bolt, this area would have been mid panel and no way would it have been picked up, backed as it was by the same colours.  

I intend to embroider sunflowers over the flaw.  A tiny patch of sunflowers to remember everything about this winter that has passed.  Sunflowers and cornflowers are the colours of Ukraine's flag. I think that is what flowers I will plant this year.  

No comments: