Friday 11 February 2022

Sewing Day

This morning I am hitting the sewing and I am hitting it hard.  I have some more work type sewing to do first, but then on to some fun stuff.

Over the next few weeks I want to sew a couple shirts and tops, at least two dresses and several pairs of pants.  And more than a couple pairs of bike style shorts strictly for wearing under the dresses.  

I wanted dresses badly and planned to sew a few but after last summer, and wearing on outside I had kind of put that dream away.  I really hated worrying about where the hem of my airy flowing wonderful skirt was.  I had been wearing it as a morning thing in place of a robe.  

And then I was thinking of the kids and how Cassie wears bike shorts under her skirts to school and for play and I realized, hey.  Grandma's can do that.  Seriously.  I am a bit slow on the uptake but I got where I needed.  So dresses here I come.  

And then underpants.  I could buy but I have all the materials so why not.  For exactly the same reasons as sewing anything.  I can customize the fit and make them be what I want.  

So, I am off to pull out some pretty fabrics and more industrial type things and to sett off to work.  


No comments: